About Belinda Williams

Friday, January 15, 2016

The Souls, the Souls the Souls


I know a fellow believer who recently had a visitation from the Lord.  Over dinner with a group of friends,  he shared his experience with God.  Normally this man doesn't speak much or socialize often; but he had a story to tell.  Before I share it with you let me back up and tell you about an encounter I had with the Spirit of God prior to this meeting.  Just a few days before, I was reading a devotional and as I was meditating on the message of the writer, I heard the Lord clearly ask me a question.  "How long will you let your kingdom stand?"  I was shocked! What?  I don't have a kingdom.  I am careful to give Him all the glory.  What was God referring to?  I asked Him.  His response shook me.  I felt God say that most believers have some remnant of their kingdom still standing.  Of course, I asked again what He meant.  Let me summarize and say that basically when we have anything that we cling to with or without regard to the Lord's will, it is our little kingdom.  Some of us say we will go into to some countries and people groups and not into certain others.  For others, we will not move out in ministry until our children are grown or we have a certain amount of money or possessions paid off.  Other little kingdoms include our appetites for food, things, power and influence.  For each person it is different; but until our little kingdoms are destroyed, we will never be able to move in the fullness of the authority, power and love of the Kingdom. These things are in the way of us being one with Christ and fulfilling the desires of His heart.  Needless to say, I stayed in prayer for quite a while tearing down my little Kingdom.

Now back to my friend's encounter with God.  He was in prayer meeting a few other intercessors.  From the perspective of the other intercessors at dinner with us, all of a sudden, this man fell to the floor and started praying in tongues loudly.  This was not only atypical for him, but the length of time that it went on was curious.  He didn't remember falling or praying loudly.  He remembered opening his eyes and seeing Jesus.  He knew it was Jesus, but was surprised because he looked different than any image of Him he'd ever seen.  Of course, he could feel the overwhelming love and acceptance of God.  At some point Jesus opened his eyes to see the lost souls in the earth.  As the man relayed the encounter to us, he would cry and say, "the souls, the souls, the souls." He would be emotionally transported back to the visitation and he would weep.  The weeping was frustrating for him because now he was prone to cry at any time in any place.  I was amazed.  This quiet, almost shy man was completely changed in the presence of the Savior.  I was also encouraged that in this hour in the earth, Jesus could have spoke to this man about many things, but He didn't.  He didn't speak about the upcoming elections in America, the state of the various nations of the earth or the personal wants and desires of this man.  The overriding take away from this encounter was the God's heart for souls.  Jesus cares about the lost, the broken, the captive, the blind and the hurting.  That is His heart.

One question:  Are you in sync with His heart?  Does your conversations, social media postings, emails, preaching and teaching reflect God's heart for souls or the wants and desires of your little mini Kingdom?


...the souls, the souls, the souls

No comments:

Post a Comment